DiEM25 Official Forums

Forum rules
Just three rules to prevent an advertisement battle:
1. Every candidate can have only one self-presentation post. All questions and replies to that particular candidate must be posted as comments to that post. Use the search function if the post has gotten buried. If you want to ask a question to all candidates, you can (and should) start a separate post of course.
2. very candidate can bump their self-presentation post (bump = move the post to the top of the page by making an unnecessary comment) exactly ONCE during the election period.
3. DiEM25's social media pages (those with a logo instead of a personal picture) shall remain neutral in the election and not encourage people to vote for anyone, as then candidates who have access to post on DiEM25's pages would have an unfair advantage.
The same rules apply for DiEM25's Facebook group

Benedetta92
Topic Author

Probably a silly question but...how do you vote?

11 Aug 2017 23:16

Hi everyone,

I know this might sound silly but I cannot figure out how to vote for the CC... I entered the members-only area ofcourse and the candidates' profiles. However, I cannot find the page where you actually cast your vote. Any help is appreciated! Thank you,

Benedetta

JudithMeyer

Re: Probably a silly question but...how do you vote?

12 Aug 2017 10:01

Hi,

if you're eligible to vote, you should see a "Cast your vote" button underneath the election description as soon as you enter the Members Area. If you don't see that button, the most likely explanations are that you've already cast your vote, or that you're not eligible (e.g. for the CC election, only members who signed up before June 1st and who have verified their identity are eligible). If you haven't voted yet and think you should be eligible, please email me at volunteer@diem25.org .

Best wishes,

Judith

Benedetta92
Topic Author

12 Aug 2017 12:25

Hi Judith, thank you for your reply. Indeed it turns out I joined Diem25 on June 8th, what a shame :)

AlesPickar

17 Aug 2017 06:36

Just found out the same thing. Should have joined few weeks earlier... :)

alanleotennyson

17 Aug 2017 08:04

What's the propose of the 8th June cut off point? Seems a little arbitrary. A

AlesPickar

17 Aug 2017 08:22

I hear you. But I guess one has to set a starting and ending point somewhere.

JudithMeyer

20 Aug 2017 09:10

June 1st is two months before the voting started. The Validating Council decided on this date. We need a cut-off point for two reasons:
- to ensure that voters are familiar with what they're voting on and have followed DiEM25's discussion of it, in this case they need to be familiar with how the CC works and which issues the movement is facing
- to ensure that hacktivists cannot register tons of accounts only for the purpose of influencing the results of an election or referendum (we also do identity verification)
Hence the cut-off point is always before the vote is announced.

alanleotennyson

11 Sep 2017 07:38

Thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense. A