DiEM25 Official Forums

UrsSchmid
Topic Author

Movies / documentaries

03 Sep 2016 07:04

What would be good Movies, Documentaries to show what problems we're facing in Europe with Democracy and Economics?

I think this would be useful for a local campaign to raise awareness and find new Members for Diem25

k-nut

Re: Movies / documentaries

03 Sep 2016 10:54

There was a good Film in the german TV "10 Milliarden - Wie werden wir alle satt?
After one weekt this film is chancelled in the ARD-Mediathek and all uploads on youtube are not available any more.

In the german aerea of "meet local members" there is a thread of a link-collection of interesting articles.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=9108

UrsSchmid
Topic Author

17 Sep 2016 14:16

Just watched - Macht Ohne Kontrolle - Die Trojka from Harald Schuhmann

I think it's quiet good.

consulting

05 Apr 2017 20:20

We should have own materials -- e.g. parts of other movies/reports with own „diem25“ narrations.
And -- of course -- own diem25-videos.
Only links may not match the real needs.

RebeccaTolosa

06 Apr 2017 08:27

consulting wrote:
We should have own materials -- e.g. parts of other movies/reports with own „diem25“ narrations.
And -- of course -- own diem25-videos.
Only links may not match the real needs.

I think this is an excellent idea! On DiEM25 Paris we are trying to organise ourselves to make some videos and visual material with citiziens that make their demands for what they want Europe, th eworld and their country to be like and what DiEM25 has to say about it.
It would be great if we could get more participation, more experts on editing, filming etc and the more the etter, more ideas, hands, brains!!!
Could we maybe organise this activity trans nationaly??

eduardogfma

17 Sep 2017 11:23

Actually there are owned materials: the event livestreams, for instance. The problem I'm faced usually, when I recommend people to watch it is the length of the videos. They are too long, they say.

So my suggestion would be to have some shorter versions. To have a team dedicated to edit the existing online videos. One good way would be to just slice the original video by speaker, for instance. Keeping the whole, as well. Thus people who wanted to watch the full length would not be bothered to browse through multiple videos. And people that just want to watch specific interventions from specific speakers would be able to do so as well.

I think it would help, have more people watching DiEM's videos.

Nariky

30 Nov 2017 20:28

eduardogfma wrote:
Actually there are owned materials: the event livestreams, for instance. The problem I'm faced usually, when I recommend people to watch it is the length of the videos. They are too long, they say.

So my suggestion would be to have some shorter versions. To have a team dedicated to edit the existing online videos. One good way would be to just slice the original video by speaker, for instance. Keeping the whole, as well. Thus people who wanted to watch the full length would not be bothered to browse through multiple videos. And people that just want to watch specific interventions from specific speakers would be able to do so as well.

I think it would help, have more people watching DiEM's videos.

I think that's a great idea.
I have some editing skills and I'd love to edit a few videos for DiEM. I'm quite new around here, is there a way to propose this in a more official way?

Michael Fromm

30 Nov 2017 21:07

Hi Nariky,
it is really a good idea...but why not posting this here in this forum?

Have a great weekend

Michael

Nariky

30 Nov 2017 21:31

Michael Fromm wrote:
Hi Nariky,
it is really a good idea...but why not posting this here in this forum?

Have a great weekend

Michael

I think to get the most out of them they should be on DiEM's official youtube channel and various social media, so to reach as many people as possible. Here on the forum they'd reach just those who are already members.

AndreaHirschmann

02 Dec 2017 08:46

Hi, The forum is not a members only forum, everyone can join!

Please also take a look in these stickies here in the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=15
No. 3 says "thematic excerpts of our overlong videos (...)" :-)

Here is the appropriate forum for videos: viewforum.php?f=82
where you can look for people to collaborate with.

If you want to volunteer, please make sure to let us know: https://diem25.org/how-to-volunteer/
Make sure you’re have signed up as a member first, in order to have access to member-only information: https://internal.diem25.org/en/users/sign_up

Carpe DiEM!
Deutsch *** English *** Italiano