DiEM25 Official Forums

JudithMeyer
Topic Author

Let’s get Signatures for DiEM25’s Transparency Petition!

24 Mar 2016 07:51

The success of DiEM25’s call for transparency is extremely important, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t have some fun while working towards it!

The technicians have set up a way for all DiEM25 Spontaneous Collectives to measure their impact in this campaign: you will be able to see how many people you personally convinced to sign, and how that compares to DSCs in other areas. So:

1. Go into your DSC group (find it in the “Meet Local Members” forum by navigating to your country and area)
  2. Brainstorm ways to promote the petition - be as creative and as crazy as you like, as long as you can find 4 others who agree that the idea is good.
  3. Spread the petition link - but not the regular link, use a personalised link for your collective. It should have the format
    https://you.wemove.eu/campaigns/transparency?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=diem25volunteers&utm_campaign=MYGROUP
    , replacing the word “MYGROUP” with your group’s location (for example Rome or Berlin). The location name should be all lowercase and contain no special characters or punctuation. You can spread non-English versions of the petition in the same way, for example, for Italian you would replace the word "transparency" with "trasparenza" in the link, "transparencia" for Spanish, and so on.)
  4. Watch your numbers go up at http://wemove.eu/diem25-stat - this is how many people YOUR group convinced to sign.

DiEM25 is nothing but the sum of its members, the sum of people ready to invest their creativity and their time. If we don't do anything, who will?

mpompeia

Re: Let’s get Signatures for DiEM25’s Transparency Petition!

24 Mar 2016 09:45

Could somebody send me the email "The talk is over. It's time to act." in French?

Cheers,
Manuel Pompeia
mpompeia at gmail

CristinaS

24 Mar 2016 09:51

For Manuel
Done
Cristina Savini Soler
@CristinaSoler92

CristinaS

24 Mar 2016 10:48

The platform (WeMove.eu) is very reliable and serious.
That remains an on-line petition of course...
We can, in my opinion, amplify this campaign and follow its good local progress !
Cristina Savini Soler
@CristinaSoler92

JudithMeyer
Topic Author

24 Mar 2016 14:14

This thread has diverged way too far from the simple question of how to promote the petition that we have. Demos, please create a new thread in the "Help DiEM25 - Suggestions" forum so that we can discuss the merit of using other systems for future petitions and votes.

One thing to consider is barrier of entry: if the system is too difficult to be used by your parents, then true democratic expression won't be possible on it, because only a small subgroup can participate.

I think WeMove is a good compromise - obviously not for voting on issues, but for European politicians to get a general idea of how important the topic is. Even if someone creates 10 email addresses and confirms them all, he won't create 10,000 email addresses.

We need more signatures. Any ideas?

dph

25 Mar 2016 10:05

I don't know, whether it's worth to create special thread for this. Not your usual viral image, but possibly will strike chord in some regions.
transpar_diem25.jpg
transpar_diem25.jpg (42.85 KiB) Viewed 4137 times

AndreaHirschmann

25 Mar 2016 13:25

Since this thread has diverged way too far from the original question of how to promote the petition, and Judith's appeal to stick to the topic was simply ignored, I moved a duplicate of the thread to "Suggestions". Please feel free to procede with your off topic discussion there:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1338

and add your ideas for promoting the transparency petition here!
Deutsch *** English *** Italiano

JoJahoda

25 Mar 2016 19:46

Dear all,

I think a coordinated twitter campaign for the promotion of the petition would be a good idea. A lot of member states already have twitter accounts and we could think about the collection of short statements, quotes, slogans as well as graphics, ideas for short videos and images to be shared via all the DiEM25 twitter accounts in their respective languages.
My experience with social media is that creative slogans and graphics combined with the link to the petition are more successful than a link alone.
We could create a pad where we collect slogans and quote and translate them in the different languages.

aaandreas

29 Mar 2016 10:35

Hello Diemers,

I have a concrete question : If I manage to print our Petition and organize an information -stand to collect signatures for the petition, what then? How does the list move to the right adress,
and which adress is that?

Ich habe eine konkrete Frage: wenn ich es schaffen sollte die Petition auszudrucken, und einen Info-Stand organisiere, um Unterschriften zu sammeln, was dann? Wie kommt die Unterschriftenliste an die richtige Adresse, und welche Adresse ist das?

Grüße Andreas
Die Voraussetzung für ein friedliches Miteinander ist nicht Bildung, sondern Herzensbildung-:Liebe!

aaandreas

02 Apr 2016 06:56

Hello? Anyone out there to help me?????
Greets
Andreas
Die Voraussetzung für ein friedliches Miteinander ist nicht Bildung, sondern Herzensbildung-:Liebe!