DiEM25 Official Forums

roterhusar

Re: Left, Centre, or Right: the issue of depoliticizing DiEM25

08 Oct 2017 16:54

you renewd an old topic. never mind. But please explain to me universal values. instead of conflicting with each other because hierarchy structures and competition are the natural state of the majority. And I mean, this is right. What should be wrong about that?
And please explain to me the values of thinking about individuality. Never heard about that to being right wing.
There ain't no such thing
As a free lunch my friend
Juliet Roberts

dross22

08 Oct 2017 20:23

According to our (de facto) leader social democracy has been co-opted by the establishment, the left is squarely defeated after the fall of the Soviet Empire, communists and anarchists live in a permanent bubble, and the left is divided and in disarray everywhere. DiEM is about stopping the systemic crisis from consuming us by re-deploying existing institutions within the context of existing European treaties. DiEM has to offer coherent, moderate and realistic proposals on that matter only. We believe that the world after 2008 changed, that global capitalism received a fatal blow and that we will need to think things all over again. But we have no proposals about how to change the political economy. So the discussion is neither here nor there. Our proposals to resolve the crisis are moderate and could be accepted on their merit by all reasonable people regardless of political ideology and personal aesthetics. People carrying a broad range of political labels, conservatives, liberals, greens, leftists of all kinds, even right-wing fascists have shown interest in our proposals and appeared at our events. A systemic crisis can focus the political attention of the most divergent of groups. Whoever you are, good or bad, you are free to comment and even join DiEM and participate in policy making. The leader of this movement is of course a proud (yet erratic) left-winger but there's nothing particularly left-wing about our proposals and nothing particularly right-wing about how the systemic crisis is being mismanaged by the European establishment. What's happening in Europe is basically this: private bankers are bankrupt and you bail them out. What's right-wing or ''neoliberal'' about this? Nothing. But it's ''right-wingers'' and neo-liberals'' that enforce it. We say: forget about such categories. When the world changes, established political identities become obsolete.

roterhusar

09 Oct 2017 21:37

OK 2:1. Das nehme ich auf. Die Intelligenz des Administrators duldet deine Ausführungen. Ist schon klar.
Darf ich dich zu den Identitären zählen? Musst Du nicht beantworten.
Deiner Prognose, dass der Kapitalismus eine Niederlage erlitten hat, widerspreche ich. Es ist weltweit zu erkennen, dass es weltweit sogar gestärkt hervorgegangen ist.
Deine Ausführungen bezüglich der unsolidarischen Beurteilung von Migranten begegne ich mit Kopfschütteln.
Juliet Roberts

dross22

09 Oct 2017 23:03

Hey roterhusar. In case you haven't noticed our (de facto) leader says that in 2008 real existing capitalism suffered its waterloo and that we are now living in an age of rule by bankrupt bankers which he calls ''bankruptocracy''. Banks no longer function as financial institutions. He also says that new technological developments are eradicating the traditional labor/capital dichotomy. As for the migrants, my personal view is that there are reasons to believe that it's too late to provide suitable and meaningful help for them. It's not that I am opposed to migration on principle. I see it as something natural.

roterhusar

10 Oct 2017 16:26

Dass es eine Katastrophe ist, dass eine Million Menschen auf dieser Erde unterwegs sind, weiß jeder. Ich habe auch Verständnis dafür, dass weiße Männer von der nördlichen Halbkugel sich Sorgen machen. Nur dass er sich Sorgen macht um seinen eigenen weißen Arsch oder um sein kleines Eigenheim oder dass jemand auf seinen gemähten Rasen uriniert, ist das letzte im Vergleich zur Hölle eines Lagers. Darum wird es keine Obergrenze geben.
Juliet Roberts